Medical coding is a field that is in very high demand. If you are interested in becoming a medical coder, this course teaches you the basics of coding in ICD-10-CM. In this course, you will learn the steps that you need to take in order to assign diagnosis codes in the clinical setting. Due to the extensive amount of material being covered, ICD-10-PCS, the procedure coding component, is being offered in a separate course entitled, “Medical Coding Series (Part II): How to Code Using ICD-10-PCS (with REAL WORLD Examples!).” A third course, “Medical Coding Series (Part III) How to Code Physician Records Using CPT (with REAL WORLD Examples!)” is also being offered as a separate course, due to the amount of material we will cover. Purchase the three-part medical coding series and learn all areas of coding.
Are toxic family members causing you stress? Are toxic coworkers causing you anxiety? Are you having medical problems caused by dealing with stressful people? Do you want to know the steps you can take to protect your health when dealing with stressful people? If you are tired of dealing with toxic people, and it is causing you to have problems with your health, or you want to avoid having problems with your health due to the stress of dealing with toxic people, then this is the course for you. This course shows you how to avoid toxic people and live a healthier life. If you can’t avoid some toxic people, this course will show you how to deal with them when you encounter them. Family outings, business meetings, and other life situations mean potentially running into people that cause us stress. This course will teach you how to minimize or eliminate the stress caused by dealing with toxic people.
- The definition of ‘toxic’!
- The situations where you will find toxic people!
- Medical conditions caused by stress from toxic people!
- Specific examples of things that toxic people do to drive you crazy!
- The character traits of toxic people!
- How to cope with toxic people!
- Seven secrets to dealing with toxic people!
- How to minimize the stress of dealing with a toxic person that causes medical problems!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning about dealing with stress that may aggravate medical conditions after you finish this course, as well as additional resources to help you learn more about dealing with stress. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $39.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
Most people have no idea how to interpret medical terminology. If you are entering the medical field, you will find many unfamiliar terms that may appear to be confusing at first. This course teaches you how to combine medical word parts to form complete medical terms. Medical terms that may initially appear to be complicated are very easy to learn and understand once you understand the parts that form the entire word. As you learn new medical terms, you will also learn how to apply each term that you learn to everyday life. This reinforces your knowledge and helps you remember what you learn.
- Medical prefixes!
- Medical suffixes!
- Combining vowels!
- How to combine word parts for form medical terms!
- How to find unfamiliar terms and combine them to form new medical terms!
- How to apply the medical terms that you learn to everyday living, so that you can easily remember them when you complete the course!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning about medical terminology after you finish this course, as well as additional resources to help you learn more about medical terminology. This is especially important if you work in the healthcare field, or you plan to become a healthcare professional. Healthcare is constantly changing to meet the needs of patients, and understanding medical terminology is crucial if you work with patients either directly or indirectly. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $19.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
Most people have no idea what is in their medical files. Your medical files may have inaccurate information about your medical diagnoses; incorrect information about your medical surgeries and procedures; history data that you are unaware of; information on your minor children under age 18; and information that your employer may be able to access about you without you knowing about it. This course teaches you not only how to read and review your medical record, but also how to interpret the information that you are reading in your medical record, in order to locate any errors, get them corrected, and then confirm that the errors have been corrected. You will also learn how to obtain a copy of your medical record for free.
- The definition of the medical record!
- Key pieces of information in your medical record!
- The types of reports that contain the key pieces of information in your medical record!
- The purpose of your medical record!
- The importance of accuracy in your medical record!
- The role of HIPAA law in relation to the security and privacy of your medical record!
- How to request a free copy of your medical record (and accurately interpret it when you do)!
- What to look for in your medical record!
- How to find and correct any errors in your medical record!
- How to notify your doctor’s office of any errors that need to be corrected (even if the practice has closed)!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning about your medical record and how to keep it up to date after you finish this course, as well as additional resources that help you learn more about medical records. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $29.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
Medical identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the country. Millions of people are becoming victims of medical identity theft, and don’t even know it. Think about this: Imagine that a thief steals your medical identity. Imagine getting bills for doctor visits that you didn’t have. Imagine someone else’s diagnosis showing up in YOUR medical record. Imagine getting calls from collection agencies for bills that belong to someone else. This amazing course teaches you how to keep thieves from stealing YOUR medical identity and racking up bills under YOUR name. This course shows you 8 things you can do right now to protect your own medical identity.
- The difference between identity theft and medical identity theft!
- The epidemic of medical identity theft!
- The consequences of medical identity theft!
- How thieves steal your medical identity!
- Six scams that thieves use to steal your medical identity (with a video of a real life horror story about medical identity theft)!
- How to tell if a thief has stolen your medical identity!
- How to protect your medical identity (in 8 EASY steps)!
- What to do if a thief has already stolen your medical identity!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning how to protect your medical identity after you finish this course, as well as additional resources that help you learn more about medical identity theft. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $29.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
Being able to learn and to remember what you learn is important if you are considering entering the healthcare field. This course teaches you how to learn any healthcare course in 10 easy steps. If you recently enrolled in an online program or a university, for example, you will learn strategies that you can use to help you master the healthcare subject that you are studying. Although the course is designed for healthcare students, the strategies being taught can be used in any classroom, regardless of the subject you are learning.
- Keep your eyes on the prize!
- Concentrate and motivate!
- Connect with other students!
- Make the most of your study time!
- Complete your homework on time!
- Research completely!
- Stay organized!
- Maintain e-mail etiquette!
- Resolve conflicts with your instructor!
- Plan your career path ahead of time!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning after you finish this course, as well as additional resources that help you learn more to help sharpen your study habits and help you retain the information that you learn. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $29.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
Professionalism in terms of dealing with patients, coworkers, physicians, and other healthcare providers is critical for success in the healthcare field. This course teaches you how to learn professionalism in healthcare. Whether you are a student in healthcare or an experienced healthcare practitioner, this course will teach you what you need to know in order to be a professional in the healthcare setting, as well as how to continue to learn about additional elements of professionalism that apply to your specific role in the healthcare field. It is important to remember that learning does not begin and end with this course. You must continue to learn about new areas in your work as a healthcare professional that require professionalism, areas that may not be covered in this course.
- Be Sincere!
- Have Respect!
- Safeguard Your Reputation!
- Have Moral Character!
- Maintain Ethics!
- Stay Honest!
- Work Well With Others!
- Connect Professionalism to Your Personal Life!
- Make the Most of Your Internship!
- Plan Your Career Path Ahead of Time!
You will also receive a Free Action Plan with steps to help you continue learning about professionalism in healthcare after you finish this course, as well as additional resources that help you maintain professionalism in your healthcare career. For a limited time, enroll in this course for only $19.99. Get a full refund if you’re not completely satisfied. Don’t wait, get started today!
If you are a healthcare provider who works directly with patients who have been admitted to the hospital or a long-term care facility for other reasons, but have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, you’ve seen how some patients are dealing with isolation and loneliness due to COVID-19 restrictions. They are living under trying and stressful conditions as healthcare providers take steps to protect patients, as well as themselves, from contracting the COVID-19 virus. Here are some ways to lift patient spirits and keep them from becoming depressed as everyone tries to deal with COVID-19 restrictions.
Here are five things that you can do to help patients feel less isolated:
1. If you know your patient’s family members and friends, and they visit the patient regularly in the hospital, remind the patient of something good about a family member or friend, such as mentioning how talented a grandson is at playing football, or how much a friend likes orchids. These positive memories remind the patient of life and love, and put their emotions back into a place of connection rather than separation.
2. Encourage patients to reach out more to their loved ones by making phone calls and writing letters to family members and friends. As the world has changed, people have become more open to connecting through different ways. Suggesting that the patient write a letter to family members and friends can improve the patient’s state of mind and overall well-being, and help them feel less lonely and isolated during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Take the time to call one of the patient’s family members or friends to let them know what’s going on. When you reach out to other family members and friends on the patient’s behalf, the patient feels less isolated and more connected as they try to deal with the health challenges that surround the era of COVID-19.
4. Whenever possible, encourage patients to talk to other patients or get involved with social activities that are sanctioned by the healthcare facility. Any social engagement can help patients feel more involved and less isolated.
5. For patients who are bedridden and can’t move around much, give them an uplifting novel to read, or a craft or creative activity that they can do right from their beds, such as making a card or adult coloring.
There are many ways to lift each patient’s spirits. Sometimes they just need to hear about something other than their internal thoughts. The more we talk to them, smile, and make them laugh, the better they’ll feel.
To learn more tips on patient health and wellness during this trying time, follow the Avidity Medical Design Blog.
Ebola has been a biological bogeyman for decades, but it’s only recently that the disease has made its way into the United States. With fewer than 10 cases and only a single fatality it could be argued that the response to the disease was proper. However, could that fatality have been avoided? And what problems are physicians facing trying to treat this disease in what is supposedly one of the best health care systems in the world?
Ebola is a deadly condition whose symptoms bear a resemblance to influenza (fever, coughing, weakness, vomiting, etc.) until bruising and bleeding starts. Fortunately Ebola is transmitted by close, personal contact (including contact with a patient’s bodily fluids) which means that it’s much more difficult to spread than an airborne virus. When examined from the outside Ebola should be a fairly simple disease to contain and control, and once it’s contained the treatment should be routine.
Should be is the key phrase here.
The primary challenge that physicians face treating Ebola is actually containing it. The disease first has to be identified, and patient placed in isolation, and then physicians need to ascertain that no one else caught the disease from the patient. Given the fear associated with Ebola people may be unlikely to come forward if they were exposed, and this can lead to problems with the disease’s spread.
Another issue that physicians often face is the lack of training and proper protocol regarding Ebola. Whether it’s due to a lack of proper equipment (full body suits that will protect the doctor from a patient’s fluids are a primary concern, and they’re also something of a rarity), or simply not having a plan that’s been communicated to everyone on staff there are often breaches that result in the disease spreading to others when it shouldn’t. Part of the issue is funding, and part of it is experience since those who aren’t familiar with the CDC’s protocols for personal protection may find they make mistakes when they try to follow the guidelines.
Overcoming These Challenges
These challenges are not going to vanish overnight, which is why physicians must take necessary steps to overcome them. Making sure proper equipment is in place is a necessity, and making sure that staff can use that equipment through classes and drilling is also a necessity.
Another necessity is making sure that the protocols put in place are easy to follow, and that they work. That’s where Avidity Medical Design comes into the picture. With years of experience in the healthcare industry, and a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology, Avidity Medical Design can develop curriculum to train your staff on guidelines and strategies for treating patients with the Ebola virus. This comprehensive training is ideal for physicians, as well as nurses and other healthcare practitioners, who must address the demands of treating patients with the Ebola virus.
For more information on how Avidity Medical Design can help you simply contact us today!