Having a medical emergency kit is one of the things you at no time think you require until you do. They are essential for short-term survival providing core items to protect you from unforeseen events. Regarding any potential issue that may indicate a possible medical emergency seek a doctor’s advice.
Types of Medical Emergency Kits
- First-aid kits
- Emergency kits
- Bleeding control kits
- Biohazard kits
- Hygiene kits
- Workplace first aid kits
- Burn kits
DIY Personal Medical Kit
Customizing your medical kit to meet your needs. Choose the type of kit you need, and the products you need to include in your kit. The kit should also be stored in a waterproof storage container, kept in an accessible place, checked, and resupplied every few months.
Your emergency kit should have items for your essential needs in the event of a natural disaster or an emergency event. A doctor’s or a clinic’s phone number should also be part of the essentials. Some of the vital components you should have in your medical emergency kits are:
- Storage container
- Wound dressings and closure (roller gauze, medical tape, triangular bandage, gauze pads)
- Specialty equipment (for instance, an epi-pen)
- Topical cleansers and treatments
- Personal protective equipment (gloves, eye protection, and masks)
- Trauma care equipment (CPR pocket masks, trauma shears)
Before creating your medical kit, consider taking a healthcare course to familiarize yourself with the healthcare field. Avidity Medical Design Academy offers a variety of courses in different areas of healthcare. The next step is to determine the type of kit you need, based on your lifestyle or your family’s lifestyle. List the contents of your kit, how many kits you will need, and add items to each kit periodically.
Importance and Benefits of Having a Medical Emergency Kit
- Having an emergency kit can be invaluable when you need professional medical help, or your life is in danger and you are waiting for an ambulance to arrive. For example, you may not be able to suture a wound, but you can slow down the bleeding for as long as you can until help arrives.
- Owning an emergency kit also ensures you are ready for any unforeseen medical events, especially for if you have a pre-existing illness.
- Creating your medical emergency kit offers you and your family peace of mind.
- Emergency medical kits are essential for fighting off stress as well as reducing the fear of the unknown.
- Creating a medical emergency kit also helps lessen the worrying part by helping you anticipate potential medical emergencies ahead of time.
Circumstances That Necessitate Having a Medical Emergency Kit Around
Owning a medical emergency kit is imperative in preparing as well as protecting your household from unforeseen events. Some of the unexpected events that may necessitate having a medical emergency kit include:
- Car accidents.
- Asthma attacks.
- Minor injuries.
- 1st and 2nd-degree burns.
- Life-threatening medical conditions like diabetes.
- Insect stings.
To learn more about the medical field, visit Avidity Medical Design Academy and enroll in one of our many healthcare course offerings. For more informative healthcare articles, follow the Avidity Medical Design Blog. To purchase scented soaps and candles with a healthcare theme, visit Avidity Medical Scentations.